- Cover Concept (link): The first post covers the goal & concept art
- Cover Art (link): The second post chronicles the interactions with master fantasy artist Ken Kelly (from rough sketches to final painting) to yield the key illustration
- Cover Design (you are here): This covers the actual design (title placing, masking of the illustration, and overlaid fire). We have to take the illustration (left) and dress it up for the book (lead design below, on right).
- Sword & Sorcery: It promises to deliver "swords/action" and "magic" while revealing a scene from the book
- Character Focus: The portraiture promises to develop a sorceress and skeletal warrior
- Internet Appeal: It is easy to recognize as a small icon (as shown via Goodreads or Amazon)
- Dyscrasia Fiction Look: It continues the look of the first novel, Lords of Dyscrasia (see below side-by-side). This is important to build the brand of Dyscrasia Fiction.
|Small version discernable|
|Consistent with Colors/Composition for Dyscrasia Fiction|
|Lead Cover Design for Spawn of Dyscrasia (due out in 2014)|